Software for Construction 1 – Estimating software
Now a days software for construction sector is a need that people are paying attention too. As the construction sector in Ethiopia blossoms their resources and hence their data is growing by the minute. As a result construction businesses will spend hours and hours tracking data instead of building.
Most business in the construction sector depend on Microsoft Excel and Access. Some are learning that they need specific kind of tools. Ranging from construction management to specific construction estimating software. But these software could be expensive. And sticking with excel could be costly.
We, at BusinessTYC, believe that the alternative is a free and open source option. So here we have picked two software that constructors and even big construction firms can use. In the follow up post we will list more software for construction.
Construction Estimating Tool – Estimate
Estimate is a wonderful application for construction firms. Especially if you are in a civil engineering. Don’t spend a lot of money on construction estimating software. At least try Estimate first.
Estimate is a free and open source cost estimation software for civil engineers. It is mainly an analytic tool. Some of its functionalities include:-
- Project schedule. How long the project will take?
- Cost analysis. How much the project will cost?
- Tender evaluation,
- Calculator for electric needs,
- Concrete requirement calculator,
- Maintenance estimation.
Features of this application include:-
- Web-based Construction Estimating Software,
- Hence possible integration with your company website.
- Manage Schedule of Rates and Bill of Material (BOM),
- Generate Bill of Quantity (BOQ),
- Project Costing, Audit, Reconciliation and Projection,
- Bid management and Analysis,
- Contacts and Document Management,
- Generate graphical reports in PDF,
- Multi User, Access rights can be defined,
- In-built Arithmetic Parser reduces manual calculations and errors,
- Prepare Analysis of Rates; include Profits, Contingencies and Overheads,
- Ships with Basic Calculator and Unit Convertor,
- Flexible, Easy to use and Accurate.
Furthermore Estimate provides basic document management and material control. For a fully packed material and inventory control try BusinessTYC inventory software. It is integrated with Estimate.
If you want to focus on cost estimation only you can try Estimator Application. It is a good optional software for construction sector. It is also another free and open source application. You can use both these software for free. They sync with Excel and they have so many features.
- Default cost type & group library;
- Project cost type & group library;
- Copying of substantiations from different estimations;
- Copying of contract specifications from different estimations;
- Export to and import from estimations and cost type libraries from and to excel.
This software for construction sector are all free. They will make your construction business bloom. So what is holding you. Just try it.